This is an email forward that is a sign of the times.
Last month, the UN conducted a worldwide poll.
The question was:
“Please give us your honest opinion on how to solve the shortage of
food in the rest of the world.”
The poll turned out to be a major screw-up:
• In Africa, participants didn’t know what “food” was.
• Eastern Europe didn’t know what “honest” meant.
• Western Europe didn’t know the word “shortage”.
• The Chinese didn’t know what “opinion” was.
• The Middle East inquired what “solve” meant.
• South America didn’t know the meaning of “please”.
• And in the US nobody knew what “the rest of the world” was.