Well, Dinesh Babu tagged me for some quirky things about me. I don’t know how he imagined I could have any at all, so I had to invent some so as not to disappoint him. Here goes:
1. I have the Pontius Pilate Syndrome: I keep washing my hands repeatedly, especially before eating or drinking anything. I even wash my hands after putting on my shoes, or opening the door! Alternatively, I use hand disinfectants. As a surgeon, I cannot be too careful when transferring germs to others. Fomites are surfaces where bacterial spores and other bugs get transferred from hand to hand and cause infections.
2. The No-Touch Technique: I try never touching the door handles of public toilets. Fomites again! Do you remember The Aviator? Howard Hughes, played by Leo DiCaprio, is an obsessive-compulsive freak, and waits in the restrooms for someone to come in so that he can exit without touching the door handle. Well, that is me (minus the OCD), most times. I often use my shoes to open the doors, and even to flush the can!
3. I am unnaturally (for men) considerate: I keep gym weights, exercise balls and mats back in place so that others are not inconvenienced, and I clean up the toilet basin for the women who share them with me (one at a time, ladies!). Then I wash my hands!
4. I am supposed to be an 18-month fanatic: I am fanatical about certain things, but after 18 months, you will find that I have no interest anymore. Examples include girl-fiends, physical activity, blogging, and many others. Now this is a politically motivated allegation, and I strongly refute it. In fact, as proof, I have been denying this allegation fanatically for more than 18 years!
5. I think I cannot write what I think.
6. I kill tags. Die!
Oh, if you are wondering where the ‘Quacks‘ in the title of this blog post went, here it is: